Marsh has teamed with leading insurance carriers, employment law firms and employee relations consultants to offer a comprehensive program of employment practices liability insurance (EPLI) and risk management.
The initiative, known as Global Leaders, provides large and multinational employers (those with more than 4,000 employees) with broad employment practices liability insurance coverage, coupled with access to an effective risk management program to reduce potential liability. The goal of the program is to help employers create a better workplace through proven employment best practices.
Global Leaders EPLI coverage includes the following basic coverages:
- Punitive damages coverage (where insurable by law)
- A definition of "employee" that includes scheduled independent contractors
- Third party coverage available at underwriters' discretion
- Ability to select defense counsel
- Ability to control settlement process
- Prior-acts coverage for acquisitions and mergers
- On-going risk management and risk avoidance techniques
- Worldwide territory coverage