John McGuire is the Latin America and Caribbean multinational practice leader for Marsh Risk Consulting’s Forensic Accounting and Claims Services (FACS) Practice. Based out of the Houston office, John’s responsibilities include supervising a staff of experienced professionals in the preparation and review of damages claims and insurance valuations where accounting expertise applies.
John joined Marsh Risk Consulting in 2005. John focuses his practice in providing forensic accounting services in the measurement of damages, valuations, and financial investigations. The services are provided on both a national and international level and also involve deposition and expert witness testimony. John is presently involved in the supervision of numerous financial investigations, utilizing a staff of experienced professionals to assist in the completion of the assignments.
Since 1995, John has had experience with public accounting and consulting, providing senior management and counsel with expert analyses on accounting, financial, and economic issues relating to complex business insurance claims, white collar fraud investigations, and commercial disputes. John’s experience covers a wide spectrum of industries, with significant experience in the chemical, energy, healthcare, and manufacturing industries. Additionally, John is fluent in Spanish and has managed numerous client engagements throughout Latin America.
- BBA in finance, University of Texas, Austin
- BA in economics, University of Texas, Austin
- MS in finance, Texas A&M University, College Station
- Fluent in Spanish
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- Chartered Financial Analyst Institute (CFAI), Member
- Houston Society of Financial Analysts (HSFA), Member
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE), Member