Marsh’s Global Casualty Practice comprises more than 600 casualty colleagues, whose mission is to deliver the industry’s most competitive and innovative solutions for clients' local issues.
- By managing over $10 billion in premium and loss costs for more than 4,000 clients, we bring our market experience to benefit each client
- Casualty clients surveyed by Reactions Magazine voted Marsh the 2010 Best Global Liability Casualty Broker. Our focus is total client satisfaction.
Our dedicated casualty experts create solutions for clients that range from traditional transactional casualty insurance programs — both primary and excess — to strategic financing and integrated risk programs. We are committed to providing comprehensive advice and expert analysis on overall policy construction with industry-leading competitive terms. This might include reducing costs, managing volatility, broadening coverage, streamlining administration, developing cost allocation strategies, managing collateral or providing budgeting information.
Our long history of servicing clients in the casualty marketplace continues to bring several advantages. From long-term carrier relationships, market presence, and deep claims capabilities, we focus on the total casualty solution. Our history of innovation, including our Collateral Solutions Group and Workers' Compensation Council, continues to develop solutions to help our clients solve their current issues.
Casualty clients benefit from Marsh’s use of technology, providing access to information from the following:
- databases that capture critical market information on Marsh’s casualty, primary and excess placements, as well as the latest information on best practices;
- real-time benchmarking reports used to compare a client’s insurance buying decisions to its peers;
- risk models that measure and compare cash flow, loss forecasts, loss development and captive structures; and
- networks that provide immediate access to expertise and state-of-the-art casualty solutions, in such areas as integrated risk, collateral, excess casualty, and workers’ compensation.
By working in collaboration with our claims professionals and focusing on reducing the cost of risk for our clients, Marsh has achieved an average savings of 15 percent to 20 percent for our new U.S. clients in the first two years of our appointment as broker.
- We have a presence in Marsh’s offices that are located in more than 100 countries.
- We place $10 billion in annual premiums on behalf of our casualty clients.
Products and Services
The lines of coverage addressed by the Casualty Practice include:
- automotive liability;
- general liability;
- products liability;
- umbrella liability;
- excess liability;
- workers' compensation;
- professional liability (medical malpractice); and
- environmental products.