Organizational Value Assessment
The Organizational Value Assessment (OVA) is a business tool that identifies causes of at-risk behaviors and performance problems. The process helps management formulate a successful strategy for creating a safer, more productive work environment.
Traditional approaches to solving business problems in areas such as safety, productivity, and turnover often fail. Why? Because traditional approaches address the superficial causes of these problems. The key to managing these issues is to understand the attitudes and beliefs of the people who make up the organization.
The OVA tool was created to uncover attitudes and perceptions of employees and supervisors that cause and perpetuate at-risk behaviors and unproductive work.
The OVA process has been successfully applied to a wide range of companies. It has dramatically reduced accidents and improved business performance. For example: job-related injuries in a company with a positive safety culture average 35 percent lower than companies that lack this type of value system.
Where employees perceive management "walks the talk."
- Percentage of claims are thirty percent less
- Claim settlement values are reduced on average by $5,000
- Claim costs are reduced by 25 percent
A Business Tool
Our experience indicates that OVA findings fall roughly into three categories:
- One-third confirms what management already knows
- One-third sheds new light on problems that management thought they understood
- One-third surprises management by identifying fundamental issues that management did not even know were important to employees
The OVA process enables management to establish priorities and create specific action plans to change employee attitudes and behaviors.
Rate this Article
Leave a Comment