Published: 03-Apr- 2012 | Product Category: Liability Insurance
| Comments: 0
Marsh’s excess casualty professionals comprise the industry’s longest and most established group of placement specialists in the brokerage business dedicated exclusively to the placement and servicing of complex umbrella and excess liability programs. Aligned both geographically and by industry specialty, our excess casualty brokers bring specialized expertise to you—experts are available in energy, chemicals, life sciences, construction, financial institutions, real estate, transportation, and automotive industry sectors, among others.
Our long history of servicing clients in the excess casualty marketplace continues to bring many advantages. From long term carrier relationships, market presence, and deep claims capabilities, we focus on the total excess casualty solution. We have a longstanding history of innovation and employ a collaborative and coordinated approach, bringing in dedicated modeling and claims resources as well as access to Bowring Marsh’s global network. Marsh’s excess casualty team is the only end-to-end group in the business, providing our clients with the following:
- creativity in program design;
- scrutiny of terms and conditions;
- modeling and analysis of attachment points;
- access to global markets and carriers;
- monitoring of counter-party security;
- recommendations of appropriate levels of catastrophic protection; and
- global unified claims practice.
The Marsh Difference
Creativity of deal architecture: Blending risk modeling and structural innovation, our specialists customize a solution for each individual client. We have experts in structured solutions, integrated risk, corridors, multi-year swing plans, and more.
Coverage: Drawing on Marsh’s industry-leading expertise and experience, our market and industry specialists use proprietary technology for policy checking and policy issuance, as well as seeking each carrier’s best terms and conditions for each client
Cost efficiency: Proprietary risk models help our specialists negotiate competitive prices on behalf of clients, loss layer stratification analysis allows for creativity in alternative program design, and the likelihood of catastrophic loss is quantified to help clients determine the appropriate level of limits to purchase.
Claims Expertise: Our unified global claims practice includes legal, claims, and analytics experts with local and international jurisdictional experience. Coordinated claims and brokerage strategies lead to maximizing claims recovery on behalf of our clients.
Coordination: A coordinated global placement approach allows unrestricted access to global insurer hubs, including London, Dublin, Bermuda, and Zurich. Our placement specialists identify non-concurrencies and minimize gaps in coverage.
Catastrophic protection: Using a multi-dimensional algorithm to assess limit adequacy, Marsh combines benchmarking, risk bearing capacity, and risk profile analyses to evaluate appropriate levels of catastrophic protection.
Counterparty security monitored: We routinely scrutinize carrier financial ratings when constructing your excess liability programs, allowing for higher rated carriers to participate when appropriate, as well as proper diversification and ventilation.
Excess Casualty Practice Key Facts
- #1 broker for the top six U.S. lead umbrella carriers
- #1 wholesale broker in 2011 Global Insurers Survey sponsored by Bowring Marsh
- Reigning Best Global Liability Broker as voted by casualty clients surveyed by Reactions Magazine
- Named “Buyers’ Choice” by large buyers of insurance in Business Insurance Buyers’ Choice Awards
- Industry specialization in energy, chemicals, life sciences, construction, financial institutions, real estate, transportation, and automotive sectors, among others
- More than 75 dedicated global excess casualty colleagues—including 35 in the United States—with an average of 25 years of experience
Rate this Article
Leave a Comment