Financial Advisory Services Overview
Published: 27-Mar- 2012 | Comments: 0
How a company manages an unforeseen event or crisis can often mean the difference between remaining successful and being left behind. Marsh Risk Consulting’s Financial Advisory Services (FAS) Practice provides risk solutions that can help our clients manage unexpected events and stay ahead of the competition.
When a challenge calls for forensic accounting, dispute advisory, valuation, insurance claim expertise, construction consulting, or product risk expertise, FAS’ unmatched knowledge and experience can add value for your company at the most critical times.
The FAS Practice’s multi-disciplinary team provides expert assistance in the quantification and measurement of damages, economic claims, and losses that can help you achieve a superior recovery and/or minimize losses resulting from catastrophic events, litigation, or disputes.
Our experts include certified public accountants, chartered accountants, professional engineers, forensic engineers, attorneys, forensic accountants, certified fraud examiners, former insurance adjusters, Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) specialists, valuation experts, certified appraisers, project managers, and product safety professionals, who deliver world-class forensic accounting, investigative, construction, product recall and liability, valuations, dispute advisory, and insurance claim preparation and advisory services. We are able to respond and react anywhere in the world, assisting our clients with local language, customs, and regulatory issues.
Large casualty and property losses following a catastrophic event or dispute can be extremely complex from a data as well as a stakeholder standpoint. Complex management issues may exceed the scope of your resources and capabilities. Our team of professionals provides you with proactive, on-the-ground support to help you calculate, defend against, and analyze damages—allowing you to stay focused on your employees, operations, and customers. We provide comprehensive support worldwide to help guide you through an event. Our services include:
- Post-Loss Measurement and Claim Preparation—Swift delivery of assistance in quantifying losses and presenting insurance claims for all types of losses worldwide, including FEMA eligible and uninsured losses
- Reconstruction Advisory—Assistance with reconstruction project management including construction project planning, oversight, and financial recovery support to help you prioritize action plans against the needs of your business
- Fidelity and Liability Claims—Assistance with preserving and recovering evidence and interviewing employees to measure economic damages that can help to increase the likelihood of a full insurance recovery, while minimizing investigative costs
- Dispute Resolution—Assistance with dispute advisory, expert witness testimony, and litigation support throughout the dispute resolution process designed to help you resolve issues in an expeditious and cost-effective manner
- Product Risk—Best-practice assistance in conducting a product recall, reintroducing a product into the marketplace, and preparing liability claims arising from an alleged product defect
In addition to assisting you after a loss event, our FAS team can help you prepare for an unforeseen incident or crisis, which can mean the difference between success and lost profits. Our services can help you guard against damage, protect stakeholders, and gain competitive advantage should the unexpected occur. We provide:
- Insurance Valuation—Proactive property valuation and business interruption calculations to help identify appropriate levels of coverage to maximize financial stability
- Project Governance and Risk Assessment—Proprietary processes to assist organizations with capital projects identify existing and potential areas of exposure during the construction project lifecycle
- Project Performance Review—Construction auditing and project review processes to provide the project management team with the tools and data needed to minimize schedule delays and cost overruns, helping to keep a project on track
- Product Risk Prevention and Preparation—On-site evaluations of product manufacturing/production processes to develop strategies that comply with national and international regulatory requirements, as well as procedures for conducting a recall
FAS supports its work with two powerful tools that assist in expediting and managing your risk or claim management project:
- FACSconnect—Electronic collaboration platform (web-portal) that allows designated users to share information, manage documents from start to finish, and review and provide comments; and
- FACSdb—A robust, easy-to-use tool that compiles, manages, and distributes large amounts of claim data.
To learn more , please see the Related Information section at top right of this page.
Rate this Article
Leave a Comment