Property Risk Engineering and Consulting
Published: 10-Nov- 2011 | Product Category: Risk Consulting
| Comments: 0
Property loss inevitably involves uncertainty. Whether fires and explosions, or the range of natural hazard events of floods, violent storms, hurricane, earthquake and beyond, or terrorist attacks, these can significantly impact a business and property loss. While their occurrence is largely unpredictable, the consequences for business are all too clear.
Loss of physical assets and operational capabilities can quickly translate into lost market share, revenue, brand equity, and shareholder value. In this uncertain environment, mitigating property losses and their impact hinges on the ability to effectively identify, qualify, assess, and manage the full spectrum of physical, financial, and operational risks affecting real assets.
Marsh Risk Consulting’s (MRC) Property Risk Consulting (PRC) Practice delivers a range of value-added property risk engineering and loss control identification, assessment, and mitigation consulting solutions. Our services, uniquely aligned with each client’s organization and objectives, qualify and quantify operational, hazard, and business risks associated with real assets and their performance, spanning the lifecycle of a property and its operation, from planning, design, construction, maintenance, and renovation to disposal.
Our PRC experts provide you with the information needed to make informed decisions about risks to your property portfolio and business. From property and machinery and equipment risk engineering and loss control advice to hazard risk assessments natural hazard assessments, and business interruption/supply chain risk studies, we can help you develop a sound strategy aligned with your business objectives to effectively manage property-related exposure.
We accomplish this by:
- identifying operational and business risks and their financial impact;
- assessing, quantifying, and prioritizing property-related exposures;
- implementing strategies for mitigating risk and controlling costs;
- demonstrating return on investment for mitigation strategies;
- developing a sound risk management program to monitor and measure implementation and effectiveness;
- capitalizing on opportunities to enhance operational and financial efficiency; and
- maximizing resource and capital allocation.
Property Risk Engineering and Consulting Services
Our services include:
- Business Interruption/Supply Chain Risk
- Business Interruption/Supply Chain Risk Studies
- Value Stream Mapping
- Natural Hazards Risk Consulting
- Natural Hazard Risk Assessments, Loss Estimates
- Natural Hazard Loss Modeling
- Flood and Other Perils Risk Assessment and Loss Estimate Studies
- Boiler and Machinery/Equipment Reliability Risk Consulting
- Machinery and Equipment Risk Evaluations and Audits
- Development /Evaluation of Machinery and Equipment Programs Jurisdictional Inspections - Bid Specifications/Management and Coordination
- Fire Protection Engineering Consulting
- Fire Protection/Detection/Alarm System Design and Specification Development
- Bid Specification Development and Project Management
- Fire Code/Regulations Consulting
- Insurance/Underwriting requirements and standards
- Fire Testing Program Management
- Fire Simulation Modeling
- Sprinkler and Water Supply Hydraulic Analyses
- Plan Reviews
- Return on Investment Analysis and Modeling
- Property and Life Safety Risk/Hazard Site Evaluations
- Loss Estimate Studies
- Due Diligence/Pre-Acquisition Assessments
- Gas Dispersion/Vapor Cloud Explosion Modeling
- Process Safety Management Consulting/Audits
- Life Safety Consulting
- Property Risk Management Program Design, Development/Review
- Training and Education Programs
- Loss Investigation Support
- Global Property Risk Information and Data Management System
- Impairment Handling System
MRC offers a comprehensive array of risk management services to address the key risk factors affecting your real assets. We bring an expanded and integrated approach that can incorporate specialists from consulting practices such as:
- Forensic Accounting and Claims Services
- Business Continuity Risk Management
- Supply Chain Risk Management
- Enterprise Risk Management
- Workforce Strategies
- Crisis Management & Reputational Risk
- Modeling and Analytics
- Construction Consulting and Dispute Resolution Support
- Product Recall
Applied individually or in strategic combinations, our services provide focused analysis and specific recommendations for mitigating exposures at every phase in the property lifecycle. These services are tailored to fit your business environment.
In addition, we are able to call upon the broader industry and insurance expertise and resources of Marsh, providing you with appropriate risk transfer opportunities in relation to your property risk management objectives. These risk transfer costs can be more fully optimized, depending on the insurer, based on the level of engagement of our risk consulting services.
We partner with you to understand your goals, business objectives, and industry challenges, and craft property risk solutions that build on your strengths and mitigate your risks.
The Marsh Difference
As the pioneer and leading global provider of risk management services, Marsh offers the experience, knowledge, and insight required to identify and manage property exposure in today’s risk environment.
MRC’s seasoned property risk professionals, backed by the global reach and world-class resources of Marsh, are steeped in the regulatory, technical, and business challenges facing every major industry. We continually monitor research developments, building codes, and federal, state, and local regulations to ensure that our risk solutions reflect the latest standards and best practices. We can establish your risk profile and recommend cost-effective strategies for mitigating property-related risk.
We serve leading companies in every major industry and global market. Our extensive portfolio of clients—many among the Fortune 100—reflects our leadership position in the risk management arena. From this position of strength, we are able to offer our clients the customized and innovative risk solutions they require for their business success.
For additional information about the Property Risk Information and Data Management System and our best practice property risk mitigation and management solutions, please contact your local PRC or Marsh representative or:
Phone: 866 9AtRisk (866 928-7475 in the United States and Canada or +1 212 345-9589)
Rate this Article
Leave a Comment