Kevin McCarthy is the North American practice leader for Marsh Risk Consulting’s Forensic Accounting and Claims Services (FACS) Practice. Based out of the Chicago office, Kevin manages claim preparation, insurance valuation, and insurance dispute advisory services. Kevin also routinely manages international projects for Marsh’s U.S. multi-national clients.
Kevin joined Marsh Risk Consulting in 2000, bringing to Marsh his experience in all matters of insurance loss accounting and business interruption. Kevin has handled complex claims for diverse businesses around the world including claims and damages resulting from the World Trade Center catastrophe, earthquakes in Haiti, Chile, and Japan, as well as, Hurricanes Andrew, Charley, Frances, Katrina, Wilma, and Ike. Kevin has also handled the multifaceted builders risk claims including the crane collapse during the construction of Miller Park in Milwaukee.
Additionally, Kevin is experienced in the development of property insurance values and Anticipated Maximum Business Interruption Loss (AMBILSM) calculations for large global corporations. Kevin is very experienced in matters of litigation and has testified numerous times, primarily in relation to damage measurement and matters of financial fraud. Kevin is also very involved in matters involving financial fraud, employee theft, and financial crime losses.
- BS in business administration with a major in accounting, University of Dayton, Dayton
- MS in taxation, DePaul University, Chicago
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), Member
- Illinois Certified Public Accountants Society (ICPAS), Member
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE), Member