Marsh's Global Benchmarking Portal provides three main services to Marsh clients: real-time, on-demand industry reports; product reports; and customized benchmarking reports.
The Benchmarking Portal's rapidly growing database contains information on more than 115,000 policies covering more than $US75 billion in premium placements, $US9.4 trillion in limits, and $US33.3 trillion in insured value. The database covers the United States; Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA); Latin America and Caribbean; and Asia/Pacific regions. Since its integration with Marsh's electronic data capture systems, the database has grown by more than 2,000 placements per month in the United States.
The Global Benchmarking Portal's extensive database includes the following:
- property insurance, including both "all-risk" and terrorism coverage;
- casualty insurance, including auto liability, general liability, workers' compensation, and umbrella/excess;
- financial and professional insurance lines, including directors and officers (D&O) liability, errors and omissions (E&O) liability, fidelity (crime), fiduciary liability, employment practices liability, and employment practices liability (EPL);
- medical professional liability; and
- pollution legal liability, contractors pollution liability, and remediation, among other coverage lines.