What’s New in Marsh’s Casualty Practice?
Published on: 24-Apr- 2012 | Comments: 0
Marsh’s Casualty Practice and its team of experts regularly monitor and analyze the wide range of issues impacting the casualty marketplace.
Guided by this market-leading analytical capability, we commence focused initiatives with the intent to develop new solutions and tools for our many clients. A sample of recent activities, along with notable personnel changes, includes the following:
- Unpredictable events can have devastating effects even for businesses that think they are sufficiently covered. To showcase Marsh’s industry-leading excess casualty capabilities, the Casualty Practice has created a new marketing video about our excess casualty group.
- On Tuesday, May 8, 2012, Marsh will host a webinar titled, “Best Practices in Casualty Claims Management,” part two of our Risk Management series. Participants will gain an understanding of best practices in claims management, including cost drivers and strategies to managing losses and maximize insurance loss recovery.
- On February 9, 2012, Marsh hosted, “Risk Management 101: Casualty,” part one of our three-part Risk Management series. Panelists discussed the fundamentals of building insurance programs to cover casualty risks.
Marsh in the Marketplace
- Advisen will host its second annual Casualty Conference in New York City on May 1, 2012. U.S. Casualty Practice Leader Jonathan Zaffino sits on the event’s advisory board, and will be a participating as a panelist in select sessions.
- U.S. Casualty Placement Leader Tracey CaffreyAnt joined experts from Marsh Risk Consulting on April 11, 2012, for a New Realty of Risk webcast, "Controlling Workers' Compensation Claims Costs.” The discussion focused on strategies used to not only reduce workers' compensation claims costs, but also to improve a firm's bottom line, including: improving workplace safety, reducing the frequency and severity of potential claims, managing medical and disability costs on existing claims, and closing out and limiting the potential development of legacy claims. In addition, our experts were on hand to address conditions in the California workers' compensation market, generally seen as a bellwether of U.S workers' compensation trends.
- On January 25, 2012, risk and insurance specialists from Marsh, Bowring Marsh, and Guy Carpenter held a New Reality of Risk webcast, "Insurance Markets 2012—Navigating a Shifting Landscape," to address the state of the 2012 insurance marketplace. Our panel of experts, including U.S. Casualty Practice Leader Jonathan Zaffino, discussed how the property/casualty marketplace fared in 2011, what the results could mean for insurance purchasers in the coming year; key risk and insurance issues to watch in 2012, and strategies to manage your risk transfer programs in a transitioning market.
- Suzy Cantwell, San Francisco Casualty Practice placement hub leader, participated on a panel titled, "The Customer Perspective through the Brokers' Voice," for Zurich's Global Leadership meeting held in Los Angeles on January 18, 2012.
- In January 2012, Marsh released its annual insurance market report, “Navigating the Risk and Insurance Landscape: Insurance Market Report 2012.” This comprehensive report discusses the issues that impacted the commercial market in 2011 as well as looking ahead to the issues that may affect insureds in 2012. To access the U.S. and other country reports, please visit.
Casualty Practice Personnel Moves
- Sara Ann Nutt joined the Casualty Practice’s Pacific Northwest partnership advisory team in February 2012 as a senior advisory representative, bringing a strong background in underwriting and wholesale brokerage.
- In December 2011, Robert Garcia joined Marsh's Casualty Practice as a team leader and advisory specialist based in Chicago. Bob has 20 years of insurance experience, as both a broker and an underwriter, including underwriting positions with ACE and AIG.
Rate this Article
Leave a Comment